As an IT insider, I feel I have something valuable to offer nontechnical people in terms of correcting misinformation. Here are a few simple tests for some popular buzzwords in tech. When evaluating a product or service, if you can honestly answer Yes to the reality check question, the buzzword probably truly applies. If the answer is No, it is probably fake.
- Does it make the developers happy?
- Does it cut out the middleman?
- Does it automatically scale?
- Does it only do one thing?
- object oriented
- Is it mostly made of interfaces?
- When requests arrive at a certain address, are they ready to use (without parsing)?
- unit test
- Does it prevent the tested code from touching anything outside itself?
Post a Comment
You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, and <a>.